High Protein Gingerbread cookies
Ah, the delicious smell of gingerbread cookies baking quietly in the oven... what an aroma reminiscent of the magic of Christmas......without any guilt!
- 1 scoop Believe Transparent Isolate protein powder
- 1 ⅓ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup Swerve Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of Nutiva Organic coconut Oil with Butter Flavor
- 1 large egg
- Flour, as needed for rolling surface and rolling pin
- 1 small egg white
- ¾ cup of Swerve Icing Sugar
- Combine first 8 ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil and egg.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove your dough. Flour your rolling surface and rolling pin very well.
- Roll dough to about ⅛ in thick (3mm)
- Cut into desired shape with cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Place rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes (for large cookies) or 6-8 minutes (for small cookies) or until golden.
- For the Icing, In a bowl, whisk the egg white and powdered sugar at low speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a small plain tip or a knife, decorate cookies.
A Léa-Rose Dumouchel recipe for Hyperforme.com